Monday, June 15, 2009

Dose of Ravenhill

Are we steadying the ark of God in the way we are presenting the gospel these days?



The gospel is still the power of God unto salvation to all who believe. I heard somebody say, "Well, you know, there’s a different approach today".

Is there?

Is there really?

Is there any difference between the grief of somebody who’s heartbroken today and the grief of somebody who lived three thousand years ago? We say, "Human nature is changed". Human nature has not changed! Human nature is still a sinful nature. Human nature still needs God. It seems though, God is trying to check us, but we won’t take the checking. We won’t take the warning. And again I say to you, the most distressing area, I believe, is the area of the church itself.

We are trying to steady the ark.

We don’t want God Almighty to govern the whole thing.

We want a little bit of flesh in it.
We want a little bit of humanism in it.
We want a little bit of organization in it.
We want some of our skill in it.

And God holds off.

The word of God says, "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God."

Oh, I’m aching on the inside to see somebody that really, really, really has no confidence in the flesh.

Leonard Ravenhill

1 comment:

Brazen Hussey's said...

LOVELY post, and I don't know much of Ravenhill, other than one sermon I'd heard thanks to Wretched Radio mentioning the fellow.

He was a powerful preacher, if what I heard was any indicator.

Thanks for posting! I'm loving your blog, Dawg.