Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm still here

I have not had the time lately to post anything. It amazes me that people can post not only everyday, but sometimes multiple times a day. I have a lot to say, it's just I can't find time to say it. Well, at least write it.

A friend told me he had a topic for me to write about. Conservatism. More specifically how the republicans in the Congress and Senate are not conservatives any more. They have become RINO's. Republicans In Name Only. This topic will take up a lot of space if I get carried away with something (as I'm prone to do) that I'm passionate about. I think I will tackle this subject this upcoming weekend. I don't have that much time during the week nights to try to do that subject justice.

I will say this for now though;

Conservatism is defined in the Merriam-Webster online dictionary as follows:

1 capitalized a : the principles and policies of a Conservative party b : the Conservative party
2 a : disposition in politics to preserve what is established b : a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change
3 : the tendency to prefer an existing or traditional situation to change

The first definition is obvious. The second definition is where I'm going to spend some time. But, like I say, thats going to be a week-end thing to write about.

2 comments:

bridetobe said...

Webster's Falls near Hamilton in Ontario, Canada

Badbeans said...

There is one in every crowd...