Monday, February 06, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESIDENT REAGAN



Happy Birthday to the greatest President of the 20th century. In honor of his birth, I'm posting some of my favorite Reagan quotes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress.

Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it.

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

The most terrifying words in the English langauge are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.

And one last one for us all.........

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.

No comments: